- Eight 8″ Don Pancho flour tortillas
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Ice cream
- Ice cream toppings
- Whipped cream
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped fruit
- Heat 3″ of oil in a deep fat fryer.
- Carefully place on tortilla on the surface of the oil and using a 4 oz metal ladle, center ladle over tortilla and quickly but gently and carefully push the tortilla in the oil to form a cup shape.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes until the tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Gently remove from the oil using tongs, tipping it so oil drains off, and place on paper towels to drain.
- Repeat using remaining tortillas.
- Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the fried and shaped tortilla shells.
- Set out on a platter with sundae ingredients and let your family and guests assemble their own sundaes.