Mexican Goes Greek
This recipe was created by @kelleyscuisine
Grilled Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T Zatar seasoning or Greek seasoning blend
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- One head of romaine lettuce
- Feta cheese
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Cilantro chopped
- Pita bread or Tortillas
- 1-½ lbs. Baby or fingerling potatoes
- 3 T Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T Zatar seasoning or Greek seasoning blend (add more to taste)
- Combine yogurt, garlic, Zatar, lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a gallon-sized storage bag and top with marinade. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Toss potatoes, olive oil, Zatar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Roast on a baking sheet at 400°F for 15-20 minutes (you can also use an air fryer).
- Preheat the grill. Remove chicken from bag and remove excess marinade. Grill chicken on oiled grill until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let rest 10-20 minutes, slice.
- Slice romaine in half lengthwise, keeping core intact. Spritz with olive oil and grill until lettuce begins to slightly char.
- Remove romaine, sprinkle with salt, pepper, feta cheese. Drizzle with Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema
- Grill/Warm pita bread or tortillas.
- Assemble chicken on grilled pita bread with feta, sliced tomatoes & cucumber. Top with Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema & fresh cilantro. Serve with potatoes and romaine.