Fried Chicken Sandwich
This recipe was created by @blackstone_griddlin
- Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 24 oz Vegetable Oil
- 3 T Nashville Hot Seasoning of Choice (we used Meat Church Holy Voodoo)
- Texas Toast or Favorite Bread
- Hot Bacon Jam or favorite Jam / Jelly
- Pico De Gallo (We used this recipe from our friends at Belly Laugh Living)
- Preheat approximately 24 oz of Vegetable Oil in a cast-iron skillet to 350°F.
- Pound the chicken breasts (about ½ inch thick) to help ensure even cooking.
- In a bowl large enough to hold one piece of chicken, beat two eggs. Add a 1/2 cup of Buttermilk and 2 tsp of Sriracha, mix well.
- In another bowl large enough to hold one piece of chicken, mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 tsp of Cayenne, 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 tsp Salt, and 1 tsp Pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breast in the spiced flour mix, make sure to cover all sides. This will help the egg mixture to stick to the chicken.
- Then give the chicken a bath in the egg, buttermilk & Sriracha.
- Place the chicken back into the flour dredge making sure to coat all sides again.
- Once Vegetable Oil is preheated to 350°F, Add the dredged chicken breast carefully to the hot oil.
- Cooked until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, the breading should be a nice golden brown.
- Set chicken on wire rack to cool/degrease.
- Make Nashville Hot Sauce: Using one ladle of the hot oil from the cast iron skillet, add it to a bowl with approximately 3 tablespoons of Nashville Hot Seasoning Blend.
- Toast your bread or Texas Toast until golden brown.
- Fry an egg on the griddle or stovetop.
- Slather the Toast with Hot Pepper Bacon Jam and add the chicken.
- Top the chicken with Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema and place the fried egg on top w/ Pico De Gallo and another drizzle crema.